Monday, May 19, 2014

Flax Rock!

FLAX ROCK!


As the rope tightened, I put my foot on the first rock. Next minute I was shaking like a cold dog! I started to climb and about a metre and a half up, I accidently looked down to far and all the people looked liked ants. I was just about to scream but I bit my lip instead! ( I always do when I am scared)  I wanted to come down. I said to myself “You can do this” I tried to carry on but I couldn’t.  My mum encouraged me on but my hands were wet and soggy.


Finally as I slowly floated down to the ground, I started to cry because I was scared and also it was my first  time. I was quite disappointed  in myself I thought I would tumble  down quickly and hurt myself. It looked like 10 metres off the ground even though I only heaved myself  1 metre up. I climbed as high as I could but I couldn’t climb any higher, I was too scared! I think I just need to rock climb a bit more so I get use to it and I get stronger! Maybe next time I’ll have a better time.  I set myself a goal and it was to at least climb 1-2 metres up and I achieved it! So I feel proud of myself for at least climbing a little bit!


By Janine De Wit.













No comments:

Post a Comment